By T. Putz, Tara’s high school English teacher
1. The beginning of The Merman’s Mark is a bit confusing because of the introduction of so many characters, actions, and change of setting. What does this confusion represent?
2. By the end of the book, do you think the following characters are good or evil?
C. Petra (from the casino)
D. Lady Imaan
3. Was the poison real?
4. Why does Lady Imaan act as she does at the end of the book?
5. How did the war really start?
6. How does the author’s artistic background show itself in the book?
7. Which anthropomorphic character in the novel is your favorite? Why?